December 31, 2014

A Happy New Year to You All!

I haven´t blogged over the holidays - I have been standing a lot in the kitchen, we´ve had guests in the house, and unfortunately, we have had to spend much time in the hospital. Luckily, the mum-in-law was with us on Christmas Eve and we are heading to her place this evening, to make a New Year´s dinner. Hopefully, she will get better and be more stable going into the new year, her 96th.

We were lucky with the Christmas weather, the snow finally fell, and the temperatures were as low as -26 degrees. It was my Swiss brother-in-law´s first visit this far north, and my sister (who lived here for five years, going to university) really wanted it to be proper winter weather, which it was. The moment they stepped on the plane back south, the temperatures rose, a whopping 30 degrees in two days! It´s all melting away now. Talk about answered prayers...

I had all sorts of plans to draw, to take photograps, to make sweets, to take long walks, to read good books, see good films, but nothing came of most of that. Still, I am happy the way everything turned out, and happy that we managed to gather so many, even though the mum-in-law´s bad health put a damper on the Christmas spirit.

I have a feeling that 2015 will be an exciting year, with many positive changes. I ended a lot of projects in 2014, dealt with a lot of personal issues, and now I am ready to - in some respects - start over. It feels like I´m pretty much ready for anything.

Hope you are all well and that you feel good about the year to come. My best wishes to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your new year brings you joy, and I hope your mum-in-law has steadily improving strength so that she can have some worry-free fun -which, of course, will contribute to worry-free fun for the rest of you ;)

    We've had no hint of snow and highs have been in the upper 40s-50sF, but today's high is supposed to be 37F. Brrrrrr! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know you understand our situation well.

      Well, I had about 45F this morning, so we are pretty much the same at the moment. A bit colder now, perhaps 33F, slightly above freezing. For me, it feels warm :-D, I don´t bother buttoning up in the least. I actually took a pause on my rounds this morning and made a few drawings (in the dark) - no gloves required. The pretty snow is turning into a muddy slush, that is a shame.

      Delete